Winter is a great time to plan a trip. But where do you even start? Here are a few things to consider when you start planning your winter getaway:
- Weather– Weather plays a big part in choosing a destination. Do you want to embrace the cold and celebrate the season somewhere spectacular? Or is your goal to escape the snow and go somewhere tropical to soak up the sun?
- Activities – What kinds of activities do you enjoy? After you decide on your perfect climate and have chosen your destination, you can start hashing out the details of your itinerary. If you are going somewhere with snow, do you want to make it a ski trip? If you’re going to a sunny resort, snorkeling or sailing could be on the agenda.
- Dates – It’s important to choose the best dates for your winter getaway.Do you want to plan your dates around the holidays, or work them into your vacation? Maybe you want to spend New Year’s Eve in a big city or spend Christmas in a cozy cabin in the mountains. The possibilities are endless, which is why it’s a good idea to start thinking about dates early on in the planning process.
Travel Inspiration for your Winter Getaway
While everyone else is building snowmen and drinking hot chocolate, spend your winter making sandcastles and sipping daiquiris by the pool. These beautiful destinations will have you basking in the warm sun and cooling off in the ocean:
- Mexico – Must-do: Visit the Mayan Ruins of Chichen Itza
- Costa Rica – Must-do: Stand under a waterfall
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic – Must-do: Zip line through the forest
- South Beach, Miami – Must-do: See the New World Symphony at Lincoln Theatre
- New Zealand – Must-do:Soak in the natural hot springs
If you love the great outdoors, you’ll enjoy spending your winter skiing or snowboarding down the slopes of these gorgeous mountain destinations:
- Zermatt, Switzerland – Must-See: Matterhorn
- Aspen, Colorado – Must-see: Wheeler Opera House
- Park City, Utah – Must-see: Olympic Legacy Park
- Whistler, Canada – Must-see: The Whistler Village Art Gallery
Taking the family on a vacation is a great way to celebrate the winter season together. There are plenty of vacation options that are packed full of holiday cheer. Whether it’s watching the ball drop in Times Square on New Year’s Eve or visiting the Biltmore House in Asheville just in time to pose next to the 35-ft Christmas tree, you’ll enjoy spending time with your loved ones at any of the following holiday-themed winter destinations:
- Christmas in Asheville – Enjoy the brisk mountain air and all the holiday spirit that comes with a winter getaway in Asheville, NC. See the Biltmore house while it’s fully decorated with lights and a beautiful, oversized Frasier fir.
- New Year’s Eve in New York City – If you’re looking for an exciting experience this winter, New Year’s Eve in Times Square may be the perfect event for you! You’ll get swept away by the hustle and bustle of the big city as you celebrate the coming of a new year.
- Holiday Cruise to the Bahamas – Holiday cruises offer a magical way to celebrate with family and friends as you make your way to a warm sunny vacation spot to escape the cold.
- International Holiday Cruises – Go see the world this winter season on an international cruise to Spain, Italy, Argentina, or anywhere else your heart desires.
Browse through MSC cruises
to get an idea of dates and pricing for your upcoming winter trip! If you’re interested in another one of our travel suggestions, contact us online
or call us to speak to a live agent now– 800-676-3796!
Your Travel Agency of Choice
, we pride ourselves on our one-of-a-kind, personalized travel planning. Your service will be tailored to your needs, with your budget and other considerations in mind. As a WorldTravelService®
client, you’ll have a dedicated agent assigned to your account, backed by a network of seasoned travel professionals.
Booking early will save you money and secure your spot, so you don’t have to worry about hotels and flights being unavailable. For help planning and booking your winter getaway, contact
online or call us at 800-676-3796 to speak to an experienced travel agent!