Travel to Western Europe: the UK, France, Italy, Spain & Ireland
Home to some of the worlds most iconic landmarks and famous capital cities, Western Europe has everything at your fingertips from pristine Mediterranean beaches to ancient monuments, magnificent palaces to centuries old castles, and the rolling hills of Tuscany to world class skiing in the Alps.
Plan your Western European getaway today, with the help of WorldTravelService®.
The Best of Western Europe
Western Europe is filled with endless possibilities and opportunities to explore, relax, and dine. Destinations include:
England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland form this unique destination where cultural diversity abounds. Highlights include:
- London – View the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace, watch time pass on Big Ben, take a double-decker bus over the Thames river, or visit any of the many world class galleries, museums, or theaters.
- The Isle of Skye – Natural wonder, prehistoric archaeological sites, and dark, brooding castles lend a magic air to this island off the coast of Scotland. View majestic birds and wildlife, indulge in the rich history of clan warfare and dinosaur fossils, or stretch your legs on any of the hundreds of great walks varying in difficulty and terrain.
- Snowdonia- There’s plenty to do in the activity capital of Wales including cycling, climbing, horseback riding, golfing, birdwatching, caving and more. Choose from one of six paths and conquer Snowdon, the highest mountain in Wales and England.
With 20 distinct regions and enough romance, history, and, mouthwatering food to last a lifetime, Italy will leave you both awestruck, and inspired. Experiences include:
- Bike through the Tuscan vineyards.
- Visit the volcanic city of Pompeii.
- Trek through the pastel-hued five villages of Cinque Terre.
- Float in the Blue Grotto on Capri.
- Climb the stairs to the top of Florence’s Cathedral, the Duomo.
For over 20 years France has held the title of the world’s most popular tourist destination. Best places to visit include:
- Provence – Scenic Provence with farmhouses, fields, orchards, and lavender fields. Visit the town of St. Rémy where Vincent Van Gogh lived out the last year of his life, and stroll down the path where he created some of his most famous works of art.
- Paris – Picnic beside the Eiffel Tower, view the gargoyles at Notre Dame Cathedral, stroll alongside the Seine, and gaze upon historic works of art at the Louvre to work up an appetite for some fine French cuisine.
- Bordeaux – Sun-drenched vineyards, Michelin star restaurants, and the worlds largest reflecting pool, the Miroir des Quais are among the many attractions in this vibrant, charismatic world headquarters of wine.
The perfect blend of traditional and modern, Spain is home to one of the most vastly diverse cultures and landscapes in the world. Must sees include:
- Granada- Centuries old architecture and Moorish history abound in this walkable city, home to the famous Alhambra, a 1,000 year old fortress and palace hosting over 2.4 million visitors each year.
- San Sebastian – This alluring seaside city is home to endless beaches for sunbathing and water sports, and is arguably one of the top culinary destinations in the world.
Acres of green, windswept countryside, jaw dropping coastal cliffs, and quaint seaside villages await. Destinations include:
- The Giant’s Causeway – A natural wonder made of around 40,000 polygonal basalt columns formed by ancient volcanoes.
- Ring of Kerry – Take a road trip on this 110 mile scenic drive that winds around the Iveragh Peninsula.
- Cliffs of Moher – These iconic, imposing cliffs tower 214 meters above the Atlantic, and were carved out over 320 million years ago.
Contact Travel Advisor Jan Halderman for Travel to Western Europe
Jan started traveling at an early age as a Navy “junior.” Those tours of duty gave her a great curiosity about the world and opened up experienced she loves to share with her clients today. She’s been a travel advisor since 1968, and she uses her 50 years of experience to help her clients decide where to go next. Jan lived in Italy for several years growing up and has returned frequently as an adult, so traveling to Europe has always been an interesting to her. The best part about helping others travel to Europe is that Jan gets to learn about experiences and destinations she hasn’t heard of in her own travels.